Matungu constituency by election will be taking place on Thursday 4th March 2021. Below are results of the winners.
Matungu Constituency Election Details
Matungu Constituency 2021 by election was occasioned by the death of MP Justus Murunga Makokha on 14th November 2020 at St. Mary’s Mission Hospital, Mumias.
Hon. Justus Murunga Makokha was elected as Matungu Constituency in 2017 with 18,088 votes through ANC party. He was followed by Nabulindo Peter Oscar of FORD Kenya who had 10,636 votes, then Were David Aoko of Jubilee party who had 8,618 votes, then Abwora Paul Posh (independent candidate) who had 5,022 votes and Achayo Paul Agutu of ODM with 4,213 votes
According to 2017 IEBC Data, Matungu Constituency has a total of 61,728 registered voters and five county assembly wards. The five wards in Matungu are Kayonzo, Namamali, Mayoni, Kholeka and Khalaba. Get more information about Kakamega County registered voters.
Matungu by election candidates and results (4th March 2021)
UPDATE: Below are the candidates and their results for 116 out of 116 polling stations.
- Nabulindo Peter Oscar (ANC): 14260 (Winner)
- Were David Aoko (ODM Party): 10565
- Lanya Alex Wamukoya (UDA party): 5513
- Wakoli Benard Ouma (Independent Candidate): 1536
- Amunga Christabel Jane (Independent candidate: 427
- Munyekenye Samuel Onyimu (Independent Candidate): 375
- Faida Godfrey Ouma (MCC Party): 258
- Khamis Athman Wangara (Independent Candidate): 248
- Lutta Charles Kasamani (UDP Party): 143
- Achayo Paul Agutu (MDG Party): 139
- Atoko Gregory Lisamadi (Independent Candidate): 113
- Lutta Wilberforce Chitech (Independent Candidate): 94
- Murunga Eugine Ambwere (Independent Candidate): 94
- Kongoti Anzelimo Ronald (Independent Candidate): 41
- Kevin Netcus Borry (Independent Candidate): 18
Matungu by election Winner prediction
Matungu Constituency is part of Western Region a political stronghold of ODM party led by Raila Odinga, ANC Party led by Musalia Mudavadi and FORD Kenya party led by Moses Wetangula.
FORD Kenya party decided not to participate in the by election to support ANC party aspirant and in return ANC decided to support FORD-Kenya in the Kabuchai by election.
A new threat to ODM and ANC in Mutungu is the newly formed UDA party. UDA party has intensified its campaigns in Matungu constituency with the help of grassroot leaders.
With all scenarios considered, ANC party candidate stand the best chance winning.
UPDATE: ANC’s Nabulindo Peter Oscar emerged the winner.
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of 235k+ members that receive latest education news.
Leave a Reply