You can now apply for admission to Makerere University and it campuses Using the student portal guideline illustrated below for Ugandan citizens only;
How to apply for admission to Makerere University online
- Open a browser window and go to : https://www.mak.ac.ug/application-procedures/online-application-instructions
- You will need to register for a portal account to begin your application. If you do not already have
one, create an account by clicking on the “Register” button.
- Fill in the registration form fields and click “Register”. All fields are required.
- You will be redirected to the Application Portal homepage to start your application.
- Select your “Application Type” and “In-take” and click “Apply”.
- Select application type depending on the entry scheme you’re applying on – for example, if you’re
an A Level student, select “Private Application”; if you hold a diploma and are applying as a
privately sponsored student, select “Private Application Diploma Holder”; if you are a Mature
Entry student, select “Private Application Mature Age”.
- Fill in all the required fields in each of the tabs that follow i.e. “Personal Information”, “Educational Info”, “Program Choice”, “Documents” and “Declaration”. A current tab will be marked as “In Progress”, a completed tab will be marked as “Done” and an unfilled tab will be marked as “Pending”. Please note that once you submit your application, you cannot make any changes to it.
- All uploaded documents have to be under 1MB while your picture (passport photo) has to be
under 100 KB.
Tip: Compress your document scans in a way that will keep their resolution good enough but file
size under the stated limits.
- After submitting your application on the last tab, please generate a bank-slip that you shall use to
make payments at the bank of your choice from the bank(s) listed. Your application number will
be in the format as such: APFE/MAK/22427. Please note that the application process is only
complete after the application fees has been paid. Write your application number on the bank slip before making payments to the bank.
Student Portal Registration Details that you must have
- You will need a valid email address before you can use the online application portal. Create an
email account if you don’t have one.
- Please have scanned copies of your passport size photo, birth certificate, O and A Level pass slips
and previous school ID and academic transcripts where necessary before you start filling your
- Once you pay the application fees, please login again to confirm that the application status has
changed from ‘Application Submitted’ to ‘Application Completed’. If otherwise, please contact
the Academic Registrar’s Department, Senate building 612 or email@example.com.
Do not miss to follow us for more updates on how to download makerere university admission letter, how to access makerere university student portal, online hostels and 2017/2018 new intakes application process!
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.