According to an advert that appeared on The Daily Nation on Thursday 18th June 2015 page 52, Commission for University Education (CUE) has issued a warning to some university satellite campuses in Nairobi that have not adhered to the Universities Act No. 42 0f 2012.
The commission’s notice read: “This is to notify the general public that, pursuant to the above provisions, the Commission has evaluated declared university satellite campuses in Nairobi County…” In the advert, CUE listed universities that have been accredited and those that have not been. We decided to share a list of those which were listed to have not fulfilled university ac No. 42.
Universities in Nairobi that risk closure within 6 months are;
- Egerton University-Nairobi City Campus Stanbank House Moi Avenue, 5th to 10th Floor
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT)-Westlands, Nairobi Kabarsarian Avenue (off Waiyaki Way)
- Africa Nazarene University Agrho House and Stanbank House, Moi Avenue, Nairobi
- South Eastern Kenya University-Nairobi Campus, Development House, Moi Avenue
6th Floor Southern Wing
- St Paul’s University-Nairobi Campus, Church House -Moi Avenue
- Dedan Kimathi University of Technology-Nairobi Centre Union Towers
- Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology-Nairobi Campus Kingsway Building – Muindi Mbingu Street
- Multi-Media University of Keny-City Square
CUE secretary Prof David Some indicated that only 12 universities out of the 24 with campuses in Nairobi have fulfilled the university act.
The closure of universities that have not adhered to the university act is a move to curb the rising number of campuses in the city of Nairobi that are competing to tap money from part time learners without adhering to quality.
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.
Make a decent living online by selling pdf Revision Papers, Class notes, Recipes, House Plans, templates, business plans, etc. at muthurwa.com and get paid via Mpesa.
Learn how it works →