Laikipia University Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academics & Research Prof. Robert Kariuki Obura, PhD has passed on at age 65. Prof. died on 2nd August 2015. He will be remembered by many for his outstanding leadership and academic skills.
Professor Robert K. Obura Career Summary
- May 16 2011 to August 2nd 2015 : Deputy Vice-Chancellor(Academics and Research), Laikipia University
- March 2008 to 2015 : Associate Professor in Agronomy
- Jan 2006- Dec 2009 : Director, Graduate School, Egerton University, Njoro.
- June2006 -Sept 2006 : Ag. Dean, Faculty of Agriculture, Egerton University, Njoro.
- May 1995 –Oct 2001 : Director, Crop Management Research Training (CMRT). Project Managed by CIMMYT, KARI and Egerton University.
- July, 1999 – 2003 : International Service for National Agricultural Research (ISNAR) Appointed as an Associate
Condolence messages from his students and friends retrieved from fb;
- Karanja Evans: “Its Like a dream i haven’t woken up from.Just yesterday i saw your car at Rift Valley Sports Club n i was like Should I Go say Hi to Him?? how i wish i would have done so. Its sad That He had to Go So Soon. Return If Possible Prof. The Few times we interacted were just worth recalling. No matter what has ever been posted about you, n deep in we loved you but God loved you more. REST IN PEACE”
- Anchor Caleb Koyo: “When the history of Laikipia is finally written,you will be recorded as one person who had the university first before everything. I might not have interacted with you but i knew you as a Regional consultant in proposal writing , scientific writing and presentation communication skills in ASARECA and SADC regions. Go in peace,yours has been a life well lived.“
- Claudalynn Claudalynn: “…Those who were keen with what you said and how you were devoted to your duties then they know how important you were in the lives of everyone in laikipia university. This is a great loss to Us, we wish we had more time with you but you are gone. May you rest in peace prof obura . We will miss u…”
- Farah Odhiambo: “So sad that Prof.has slipped away from us the time we needed him the most.His services will be greatly missed by all and sundry. Laikipia University has lost one of its greatest brain,an intelligentsia per excellence.We will miss you Prof. Robert K. Obura. In our hearts and midst you will live forever.My heart goes to the family,friends,fellow school mates and the whole Laikipia fraternity.R.I.P Prof.”
- Maureen Mosonik Chepkemoi: “i still remember your speech at eldoret campus just few weeks ago you were so nice rip profesa Robert K. Obura till we meet again.”
- Martinez Boniface: Our dvc was a man great wise.a person to emulate for those in leadership and those in the near future will be leaders and had a chance to interact with him. He made laikipia university to be a blessing to me. RIP our dear dvc prof. R.K OBURA.
- Silas Kamanda: “Its only last week when we held a meeting chaired by him. RIP Prof. Obura. There are few important values I learnt from the good Prof during the few meetings. Once again RIP“
Kenyayote campus team joins Laikipia family in morning the death of the God given Professor Robert K. Obura.
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of thousands of members that receive latest education news.