Do you want to become a KNEC Examiner? Below is a training opportunity for qualified teachers who want to become examiners for KCPE, KCSE, PTE, ECDE, DTE Marking, 2018.
Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) will be conducting training for teachers/tutors to prepare them to become examiners for Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE), Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE), Primary Teacher Education (PTE), Early Childhood Development Education – Proficiency (ECDE) and Diploma in Teacher Education (DTE) examinations.
The training will take place between 15th and 21st April, 2018. The venue for training will be communicated to qualified applicants at a later date. The training will be residential.
Each applicant will be required to pay training fee of KES.10,500.00. The money should be deposited under the GENERAL PAYMENT account, (others) in KNEC collection accounts at either Cooperative Bank, National Bank, Equity Bank or Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB).
Teachers/Tutors who will successfully be trained as examiners to mark the above examinations will be incorporated into the “KNEC EXAMINERS’ DATA BASE”. KNEC will thereafter engage such examiners from the data base as per the criteria of appointment of examiners as need may arise from time to time.
Teachers who have already been trained as Examiners and are already in the KNEC database of examiners need not apply for the training.
Applications are therefore invited from interested and qualified teachers/tutors as follows:
KCPE EXAMINATION: Primary school teachers to train as KCPE Examiners in the following papers:
- English Composition 901/1
- Kiswahili Insha 902/1
- English Composition for SNE 903/1
KCSE EXAMINATION: Secondary school teachers to train as KCSE examiners in the following papers:
- English 101/1,2 & 3
- Kiswahili 102/1,2 & 3
- Mathematics Alt. A 121/1
- Biology 231/1,2 & 3
- Physics 232/1 & 2
- Chemistry 233/1,2 & 3
- History and Government 311/1 & 2
- Geography 312/1 & 2
- Christian Religious Education 313/1 & 2
- Islamic Religious Education 314/1 & 2
- Home Science 441/2
- Art & Design 442/1 & 2
- Agriculture 443/1 & 2
- Woodwork 444/1 & 2
- Metalwork 445/1 & 2
- Building Construction 446/1 & 2
- Power Mechanics 447/1 & 2
- Electricity 448/1 & 2
- Drawing & Design 449/1 & 2
- Aviation Technology 450/1 & 2
- Computer Studies 451/1 & 2
- French 501/1 & 2
- German 502/1 & 2
- Arabic 503/1 & 2
- Kenya Sign Language 504/1 & 2
- Music 511/ 2 & 3
- Business Studies 565/1 & 2
PTE EXAMINATION:Tutors in Primary Teachers’ Colleges to train as PTE Examiners in the following papers:
- Education 1011
- English 1012
- Kiswahili 1013
- Physical Education 1014
- Mathematics 2011
- Science 2012
- Agriculture 2013
- Home Science 2014
- CRE 3011
- Social Studies 3013
- Art/Craft 3014
- Music 3015
DTE EXAMINATION: Tutors in Diploma teachers ‘colleges to train as DTE examiners in the following papers:
- Education 9501
- Physical Education 9502
- English 9503
- Kiswahili 9504
- Arabic 9506
- CRE 9510
- Music 9515
- Mathematics 9516
- Physics 9517Chemistry 9518
- Biology 9519
- Agriculture 9521
ECDE EXAMINATION: Tutors in Early childhood teachers’ colleges to train as ECDE examiners in the following papers:
- English Proficiency 8011/1
- Arithmetic 8011/2
- General Paper 8012
General Qualification to join Examiners training programme
- Be a practicing teacher in the relevant subject areas at the level of examination.
- Must be registered by the Teachers’ Service Commission (TSC).
- Have a minimum teaching experience of three (3) years.
- Must NOT be on interdiction or any other form of disciplinary action from the employer.
- Must be recommended by his/her Head of institution;
- Must be 50 years of age and below
Specific Qualification for KCPE and KCSE Examiners
- Have a minimum qualification of P1 for KCPE examination with a minimum of a C (plain) at KCSE level in the subject they are applying to train. Those applying to train for English Composition for SNE must have been trained in Special Needs Education.
- Diploma in Education (and above) for KCSE marking
Specific Qualification for PTE/ECDE/DTE Examiners
- At least one (1) level above the qualification of examination;
- Those teaching in secondary schools and have masters in education can also apply to be trained as PTE and DTE examiners.
- Teachers with a Diploma in ECDE and above and have P1 certificate will have an added advantage.
How to apply for KNEC Examiners Training
Applicants will be expected to access the online form using the link; http://cp.knec.ac.ke/training, fill in their respective personal details and print the same form. They will further be required to fill in sections 2.0 and 4.0 manually, attach the testimonials listed in the application form and forward to KNEC so as to reach the Council on or before 6th April, 2017.
Only qualified Teachers who have presented all the required documents will be shortlisted for the training exercise.
All Applications to be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC)
P.O. Box 73598 -00200
Do not miss our Latest KNEC and Teachers News Updates in Kenya. Like our fb page Kenyayote