Soapstone selling is a multi million business in Kenya. The main source of soapstone mining and exports is Tabaka, Kisii Kenya. Below you will find photos of mines, carvings shops and where to buy one.
There are different colors of soapstone in Kenya. But the most common ones are those mined in white and black in color. The biggest mines are located in Tabaka, Kisii county in the former Nyanza Province.
Soapstone are normally mined, Carved, decorated, packed and exported. The largest export market for soapstone mined in Tabaka are Australia, Canada, United Kingdom (UK) and United States America (USA).
Types of Soapstone Carvings end product
- Animal Soapstone ( giraffes, cats, elephants, Rhinos, hippo e.t.c
- Plates and bowls
- Eggs soapstone
- Candlestick Holders
- Frog and Pop Snake Game for kids
- Chess Set Board soapstone
- Family Unity
Where to Buy Tabaka Soapstone in Kenya, Africa
There are different places where you can purchase or order for soapstone carved in Kenya. For instance, you can order for some from Ebay. However, the best place to buy customized soapstone is in Tabaka, Kisii.
Photos of Soapstone Carvings
1. People Inside a soapstone in Tabaka
2. Workers carving soapstone in Tabaka
3. Sample of soapstone bowls carvings
4. Egg Carvings with art on top of it
Do not miss arts, sculptures and Kisii soapstone mining, carving and exports from Kenya update!