Factors Government will consider before re-opening schools
While addressing the press in Nakuru County today, CS George Magoha indicated that for schools to re-open on 1st September 2020, the ministry of health must be fully satisfied that all children, teachers, and staff in schools are going to be safe.
Some of the factors to be considered before school are re-opened include:
- That masks are available in schools for children and staff.
- That schools have enough water and water storage facilities
- That schools without enough water have sanitizers
- The possibility of testing teachers before schools re-open
- That teachers are taken through the covid-19 response programme
Postponement of KCSE and KCPE 2020 exam dates
On KNEC 2020 KCSE and KCPE examinations, CS Magoha noted that the earliest national exams can be done is February or March and the Latest is April 2020.
He added that once schools re-open, studies will begin from where they stopped when schools were closed.
Re-opening of schools Caution
Although schools are supposed to re-open on 1st September 2020, CS Magoha indicated that re-opening of schools will have to be postponed if Covid-19 cases will still be on the rise as they are.
Do you need to receive email alerts on Education News in Kenya? subscribe to our mailing list.