HELB recently announced that is a must for students to have HELB Smart cards issued by banks in order to get a loan. Below is a guide on how to apply and get a HELB Smart card.
What is a HELB Smart Card?
HELB Smart card is just a like any other bank card but this will be used by students only. The smart card is a solution between banks, financial institutions in Kenya and HELB.
How to apply and get HELB Smart card
Below is a step by step procedure of applying for HELB Smart Card for Equity Bank, KCB Bank, Post Bank, Family Bank, National Bank, Eco Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Cooperative Bank of Kenya, Jamii Bora Bank, NIC e,t,c;
The helb smart card is not applied online but through your Dean of Students office or Academic affairs office;
- Visit your students affairs office or Dean of Students office and provide your bio data
- The Bio Data will then be sent to the your bank for the processing of the smart card.
- After completion of processing the smart cards, the bank will send it back to your university for collection.
How will HELB Smart Cards Benefit students?
Some of the benefits of the HELB Smart Card Include;
- The student will be able to verify instantly their loan disbursement status
- The student t will be able to track their expenditure through the customer portal
- The HELB smart Card Can be used as a student ID
Please note that it is now a requirement that beneficiaries of HELB loans will have their tuition fee disbursed through the Bank Smart cards
Do not miss all our latest updates on HELB Smart Cards application process
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.