The Afya Elimu Fund is a product of partnership of the USAID funded FUNZOKenya and Human Resources for Health (HRH) Kenya Projects implemented by IntraHealth International Inc., the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Ministry of Health, and the private sector through Kenya Healthcare Federation. The Fund offers affordable loans to needy students pursuing medical training at preservice (i.e. diploma & certificate level only).
The Fund invites subsequent applications for the 2016-2017 academic years. Only students who have
previously applied and received loans are eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
1. Applicants should access and fill the 2016/2017 Second and Subsequent Afya Elimu Fund
Loan Application Form(LAF) from the HELB website www.helb.co.ke
2. Print two copies of the application form
3. Ensure the form is properly filled. Sign the form and also have it signed and stamped by the
relevant officials as requested.
4. Submit one copy of the duly completed application form to the Higher Education Loans Board
Student Service Centre located at Anniversary Towers Building, Mezannine 1, University Way,
Nairobi OR drop it at the HELB Desk in any of the following Huduma Centres : Nairobi GPO,
Kakamega, Eldoret, Nakuru, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nyeri, Embu, Machakos, Kisii, Bungoma, Turkana,
Meru, Kitui, Kericho, Nandi [Kapsabet], Thika, Garissa, Kitale and Murang’a
5. Retain one copy of the duly filled LAF (Mandatory).
1. HELB will use the email and telephone contacts provided on the Loan Application Form for
communication on the progress of the application.
2. The number of students supported and amount of loans awarded will depend on availability of
For a pleasant online experience, please ensure that you read, understand and follow the instructions provided at the beginning of the online loan application process.
The closing date for the loan applications is 2nd December, 2016.
For queries please contact: HELB Contact Centre Tel: +254 711 052 000