Get to know how much the top University in Kenya according 2018 Webometrics rankings, University of Nairobi is worth and where it gets all its riches from. We will rely on financial reports provided by government authorities and the institution itself.
University of Nairobi Financial Condition
When I talk of best Universities in Kenya, I suppose there is one that comes to the mind of every Kenyan. And that is the University of Nairobi. But one thing that many Kenyan’s don’t know is that its financial situation play a great role in making it among the best.
So how does University of Nairobi achieve its fantastic financial condition? This is what I am going to explain. We are going to give a break down of how UON raises its billions of money. We will rely on authentic sources.
Summary of Facts about University of Nairobi
Below are facts about the University of Nairobi as indicated in their official website as at 10th October 2018 (the day this article was published).
- UON offers 540 academic programmes
- University of Nairobi total student population: 84,000
- UON academic staff with PhDs: 2,220
- University of Nairobi number of professors: 450
- UON administrative and technical staff : 5,525
Data Source: UON Fact File
How University of Nairobi Gets Rich
Below you will get details for how university of Nairobi raises billions of money to make it among the top richest Universities in Kenya. The figures are based on University of Nairobi Annual Report and Financial Report from the Auditor General that is available to the public;
UON revenue Generated from non-exchange and exchange Transactions
- Capitation Grant: 5,209,342,584
- Special Grant: 1,442,933,395
- CBA Reimbursements: 564,098,806
- Tuition and other fees: 636,376,671
- Accreditation fees:940,000
- Other services rendered: 30,059,343
- Accommodation, Catering and other income: 728,665,197
- Transfer from IGUs for specifc purposes: 3,592,336,889
Total Revenue: 12.2 billion
Total Expenses: 12.6 billion
Loss: 0.4 billion
(Note: figures are in Ksh. and have been rounded to one decimal point)
It should be noted that Academic departments have the highest expenses (about 7 billion) which cripples the revenues raised. On other hand grants are the top contributors of revenue raised by the University of Nairobi.
University of Nairobi Assets
- Cash and Cash Equivalents: 1,396,430,064
- Short Term Deposits: 2,668,982,669
- Trade and Other Receivables: 5,107,526,632
- Inventories: 262,191,910
- Property, Plant and Equipment: 94,921,005,500
- Investments: 123,342,147
Total Assets: 104.479 billion
Total liabilities: 3.946 billion
Net assets: 100.533 billion
(Note: figures are in Ksh. and have been rounded to 3 decimal points)
Data Source: UON published Annual report and Auditor General Report
How Much is University of Nairobi Worth
A calculation of the figures and data provided above leads to a conclusion that the University of Nairobi is worthy over 100 billion. Making it one of the riches Universities in Kenya.
(Ps. This information is brought to you by Muthurwa.com, the largest digital marketplace in Kenya where you can sell and buy Detailed Reports, Research content e.t.c).
Do not miss all our latest updates of the richest Universities in Kenya
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of 235k+ members that receive latest education news.
Leave a Reply