The Higher Education Loans Board invites applications for the 2015-2016 First Time Undergraduate Loan from Kenyans admitted into Government of Kenya-Sponsored or Self-Sponsored Programs in Public or Private Universities in Kenya and the East African Community that are recognized by the Commission for University Education [CUE].
- Government of Kenya-Sponsored undergraduate Students placed by Kenya Universities & Colleges Central Placement Service and admitted by the universities.
- Direct Entry Undergraduate Self-Sponsored Students.
How to Apply:
- Applicants should access and fill the 2015-2016 First Time Undergraduate Loan Application Form [LAF] from the HELB website www.helb.co.ke.
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form.
- Have the form appropriately filled, signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and guarantors.
- Sign the form and attach all the necessary documents as indicated in the checklist appearing on the last page of the LAF.
- Present the two copies of the LAF to one of the listed banks that you have opened an account with, for verification and insertion of your bank account details.
- Leave one copy of the LAF and all the attached support documents with the bank for free delivery to the Board OR drop it personally at the Board’s Office on 18thfl oor, Anniversary Towers OR in the following Huduma centers nearest to you:- Nairobi GPO, Kakamega, Eldoret, Nakuru, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nyeri, Embu, Machakos, Kisii, Bungoma, Turkana, Meru and Kitui.
- Retain one copy of the duly filled LAF (Mandatory).
Please ensure that you read, understand and follow the instructions provided at
the beginning of the online loan application process. The closing date for the loan
application is September 30th, 2015.
For Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVET) first time applicants helb loan application deadline is also 30th September. Visit helb website to apply http://www.helb.co.ke/
For more information please contact: Higher Education Loans Board at
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.