Former United Nations (UN) secretary general (7th) Kofi Atta Annan has passed on. Annan died today (Saturday August 18, 2018) in Switzerland while undergoing treatment. His death was confirmed by the Family through a post on his Facebook official account. The exact cause of his death has not been confirmed by his doctors. We are going to look at his education achievement in brief.
Summary Background of Kofi Annan before he met his death
Below is a brief profile and education background of Kofi Annan
- Date of Birth: 8 April 1938
- Country of Birth: Ghana
- City of Birth: Kumasi
- University and College attended: Macalester College (economics), Graduate Institute Geneva (International Relations), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Management)
- Day of death: Saturday August 18, 2018
- Cause of death: Not established
- Greatest Life Achievements: Co-winner of the 2001 Nobel Peace Price with the United Nations
Kofi Annan Education Journey and Background in summary
Kofi Annan was born in Kumasi, a city in Ashanti area in Ghana where he begun his educational journey.
- 154 to 1957: He studied at Mfantsipim School
- 1958: He studied at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology of Ghana (new name)
- 1961: He studied at Macalester College, Minnesota
- 1961 to 1962: He studied atThe Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Switzerland
- 1971to 1972: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Sloan School of Management
Kofi Annan Honorary Degrees awarded before he died
- Doctor Honoris Causa
- Doctor Of Law
- Doctor Of Public Service
- Honorary Doctor Of Law
- Honorary Doctor Of Public And International Affairs Degree
- Honorary Doctor Of Science
- Honorary Doctorate
- Honorary Doctorate Of Humane Letters
- Liberty Medal
Best Educational Book About Kofi Annan
Written by Meisler Stanley, this is one of the best books to learn about Kofi Annan, a man who took over as the UN secretary general at a time of tension between nations, democratic struggles and how his educational background helped him maintain world peace.
NOTE: Kofi Annan will be remembered as the mediator who ended the 2017/2018 Kenyan Post election violence that left hundreds of people dead and thousands displaced..
Do not miss all latest our updates on Kofi Annan’s educational background and achievements