Safaricom Kenya has Launched the Fibre to home Wifi, a service that offers Unlimited Internet (no use of Data Bundles). The Fibre to Home Saf internet packages are still on expansion and are available in limited locations. Learn below how to purchase, speed, plans and how to get connected in your home.
Safaricom Unlimited Internet: Fibre to home Wifi
The unlimited Saf Internet allows you to have fast, reliable and unlimited internet access in your home.
Fibre to Home Unlimited Internet plans: Prices and Speed
- Bronze: speed, 5 MBPS -Cost ksh 2,499 (monthly renewal)
- Silver: speed, 10 MBPS -Cost ksh 3,499 (monthly renewal)
- Gold: speed, 20 MBPS -Cost ksh 4,499 (per month )
- Platinum: speed, 40 MBPS -Cost ksh 9,499 (per month)
How to get started
To get started with Fibre to Home Safaricom unlimited bundle send the word FIBRE with your location to sms code 400. For instance, (FIBRE, KASARANI to 400). Some few minutes after sending the sms, Safaricom will call you and ask for some information about your specific location.
How to pay for Fibre to Home Internet
After you have been fully registered and subscribed to the Fibre to Home Unlimited Internet, you will be required to be renewing your plans monthly. Below is how to go about it;
- Dial *855# from your Safaricom line
- Enter Safaricom service pin
- Enter your the next required details
- Confirm that payment has been made from your M-PESA accounts
Requirements to get connected to Safaricom Fibre to Home Internet
- Filled application form
- Copy of ID or valid passport
- Customer Account No. issued by Safaricom
- Payment Confirmation
Question and Answer about Fibre to Home Internet
Is there a limit on data bundles usage?
- Safaricom: NO, No data bundle involved. The Wifi is unlimited
Is the speed consistent through out the month?
- Safaricom: The speed is consistently constant
Is the service available countrywide or in specific towns?
- Safaricom: installation is free and service is only for selected locations at the moment.
Will i need a router?
- Safaricom: The router will be provided for free by safaricom
Is it dedicated?
- Safaricom: It’s shared
Which locations are the services available
- To check location, sms FIBRE with your location to sms code 400. For instance, (FIBRE, KASARANI to 400). Safaricom fibre home team will call you for more info.
Safaricom Help contacts
Do not miss all our updates on the Safariocm Unlimited Internet called Fibre to Home.
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.