Cost of COVID-19 test in different hospitals in Nairobi, Kenya arranged from the cheapest to the most expensive in approved COVID-19 testing centers or laboratories.
Requirements of COVID-19 test certificate for travelers
If the purpose of you going for a COVID-19 test is to check on your medical condition only, then you can go to any of the hospitals listed below. However, if you want a COVID-19 test certificate to comply with travel regulations, then you must get your COVID-19 test results from approved testing laboratories by KCAA. You also need to have a COVID-19 test result taken at least 3 days before your departure time.
Cost of COVID-19 Test in Kenya
Below is the price of COVID-19 test in different hospitals in Nairobi arranged from the cheapest.
- Kenyatta University Hospital: Ksh. 3,000 (Call 0714306830 for test booking. Results are released between 2-3 days) (KCAA approved)
- Kenyatta National Hospital: Ksh. 5,000 (clinic 66) (KCAA approved)
- AMREF Medical Center, Wilson Airport: Ksh. 5,500 (KCAA approved)
- Nairobi South Hospital: Ksh. 5500 (Results in 24 hours) (KCAA approved)
- KEMRI: Ksh 6,000 (KCAA approved)
- Coptic Hospital: Ksh. 6,000 (Results within 24hrs) (KCAA approved)
- Nairobi West Hospital: Ksh. 6,000 (Has both nasal and throat testing. Results are released within 24 hours and can be sent via email or SMS)
- Gertrude’s Gardens Children Hospital: Ksh. 7,000 (24 hours results) (KCAA approved)
- Aga Khan University Hospital Nairobi: Ksh. 7,500 (Results in 48 hours, can be sent via email or collected in print). Call 0711092411 for booking. (KCAA approved)
- Lancet: Ksh. 8,574 (KCAA approved)
Not only do you need a COVID-19 test to travel to foreign countries, some organizations in Kenya, mostly those in the hospitality industry need you to provide a COVID-19 test certificate to work for them.