There is something new in the telecom market in Kenya. Safaricom has launched a new service called Flex Bundles that will enable its customers browser at a cheaper price. Lets get to understand how Flex Bundles work.
What is Flex Bundles?
Flex Bundles is a service offered by Safaricom that enables its PrePay and PostPay customers to browse, call and SMS at a cheaper cost.
What is Flex Unit?
A Flex unit is equivalent to 3mbs. But let me break it down for you so that you can get a clear understanding.
- 1 FLEX Unit is equal to 3MBs (So if you have 115 flex bundles then multiply by 3 and you will have 345 mbs normal bundles)
- 1 FLEX Unit is equal to 20 Seconds of talk time. So 3 flex units is equal to one minute talk time (This means that if you have 115 flex units then divide by 3 and you will find that you have about 38 minutes talk time)
- 1 FLEX Unit is equal to 3 SMS (So if you have 115 flex bundles then multiply by 3 and you will have 345 sms)
Take Note of the expiry time of flex bundles below. The good thing is that your unused flex bundles can be carried forward/added if you renew.
Safaricom Flex Data Bundles Plans
- Ksh 99 you get 115 Flex Bundles that will last for 24 Hours
- Ksh 599 you get 700 Flex Bundles that will last for 7 days
- Ksh 2,499 you get 3100 Flex Bundles that will last for 30 days
How to buy Safaricom Flex Bundles-Subcribe
Buying flex units is so simple. Dial *100# for prepaid customers or *200# for postpay customers to purchase FLEX bundles. You can also use the same code above to unsubscribe.
Can Flex Bundles be used for calling to other networks (Airtel, Orange)?
FLEX bundles can be used for both local on Net and off Net Calls and SMS
Are Safaricom flex bundles worth it? Do not our honest review on why there is no value of buying safaricom flex bundles!