0 votes
in Law by
recategorized by
Can a mother be denied the custody of a child

Where do file the custody case.

Do you require any money during the proceedings

1 Answer

0 votes
by (47.5k points)

Circumstances under which the mother can be denied custody for her children in favor of the father include:

  • If the child is over 10 years and his or her wishes is to stay with the father
  • If the mother is unsuitable or unfit to take care of the child
  • If the child has suffered or is likely suffer any harm under the care of the mother
  • Etc.

A child under 10 years of age in Kenya is supposed to be under the custody of the mother unless there are exceptional circumstances.

If you are in Nairobi, then this case can be filed at Milimani Law Courts as a civil case under the family division. If you are not in Nairobi, then go to the Civil Division of your nearest court. Your lawyer should advice accordingly.

The average fee of filing a case without a lawyer is Ksh. 2,000.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer
0 votes
1 answer
0 votes
1 answer
0 votes
0 answers
Register, ask, and answer questions to earn more points and privileges. Some features are disabled for users with few points.
Welcome to Kenyayote Q&A, the largest community site in Kenya where you can ask any question and receive answers from Kenyayote staff and other members of the community.

Before you ask, search the website to make sure your question has not been answered.

If you are ready to ask, provide a title about your question and a detailed description of your problem.

Register to join Kenyayote Ask Community.