It is necessary to manage and conserve our environment so as;
- To sustain human life - depend on environment for food, water, shelter, air and clothing.
- To preserve genetic resources/protection of endangered species to ensure their sustainable utilization.
- For future generation - the resources will be able to regenerate and serve future populations
- For economic value - a lot of natural resources in the environment are of economic importance e.g minerals, soils and forest.
- For aesthetic value - components of physical environment eg lakes, mountains wildlife are beautiful. They should be managed and conserved so that they attract tourists hence a source of revenue to the government.