Reasons why devolved government in Kenya is very important include;
- To distribute authority over public goods and revenue hence making it difficult for individuals and groups of officials to collude and engage in corruption
- It fosters effective co-operation within the devolved units, particularly where devolution of authority takes place along territorial and communal lines therefore local communities are able to mobilize social pressure against corruption
- It provides goods and services whose consumption is limited to their own areas.
- It has the ability to promote gender efficiency in public services and allocating resources
- Encourages innovation in the delivery of services as people have a greater incentive to take part in aspects of community
- It becomes sensitive to regional variations
- Provides an effective governance frame work for advancing policies to help the poor and therefore elevates poverty in society.