Ways COMESA members benefit from the organization include;
- Member states benefit from joint service rendered by multi-national institution in the region.
- Member states benefits from the improved transport and communication systems that link the various states.
- The PTA bank provides trade-financing facilities which promote investment in the region.
- Member states benefit from the large and varied agricultural market.
- Member states benefit from liberalized trade in the common market.
- Member states benefit from a wider , harmonized and more competitive market.
- COMESA has generated employment for many people in the region.
- COMESA encouraged good governance, accountability and respect for human rights.
- COMESA has promoted relations between member states which has enhanced peace and understanding in the region