0 votes
ago in General by
I need a marriage affidavit to be used to add my spouse to my medical cover

1 Answer

0 votes
ago by (60.6k points)

Affidavit to prove that you are married can be obtained from an advocate and commissioner for oaths. You can find a commissioner for oaths in almost every constituency in Nairobi.

You can as well get an affidavit from any magistrate court near you.

Marriage affidavit cost about Ksh. 1,000 to 2000 depending on the advocate who issues it to you.

You will be required to provide a copy of the spouse's ID to be issued with one.

NHIF medical insurance cover accepts affidavit as prove that you are married if you do not have a marriage certificate.

Welcome to Kenyayote Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from Kenyayote staff and other members of the community.

Before you ask, search the website to make sure your question has not been answered.
If you are ready to ask, provide a title about your question and a detailed description of your problem.