Circumstances in which one's right to life may be taken away include;
- When defending one's life/country in case of war.
- When defending one's property against violent attack.
- When the life of law enforcement officer is in danger when apprehending criminals.
- Abortion can be done under emergency treatment/if the life of the mother is in dander based on opinion of a trained health professional.
- If one is found guilty of an offence punishable by death e.g murder, treason and robbery with violence.
- When preventing a person from committing a felony/crime.
- When suppressing a riot/rebellion or mutiny.