0 votes
in Law by (14 points)
I have a baby daddy that lives in usa and has refused to support his kid

1 Answer

0 votes
by (45.2k points)
Best answer
Yes, you can sue someone living abroad if that person is a Kenyan citizen. If he is a foreigner, then the case will get complicated because enforcing the judgment will be difficult if it is out of the court's jurisdiction.

Another challenge that might also arise is determining the maintenance fee since the cost of living in the USA and  Kenya differ.

My advice will be if the father is a Kenyan, you can seek legal advice from your lawyer on whether the case can proceed without the physical presence of the father.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer
0 votes
1 answer
0 votes
2 answers
asked Apr 8, 2022 in Law by Achar (11 points)
Register, ask, and answer questions to earn more points and privileges. Some features are disabled for users with few points.
Welcome to Kenyayote Q&A, the largest community site in Kenya where you can ask any question and receive answers from Kenyayote staff and other members of the community.

Before you ask, search the website to make sure your question has not been answered.

If you are ready to ask, provide a title about your question and a detailed description of your problem.

Register to join Kenyayote Ask Community.