Learn how to make money through affiliate programs in Kenya and the best affiliate platforms that pay through mpesa and Paypal.
What is affiliate program?
Making money online through affiliate programs is similar to making money online through referrals but the difference is that for one to make money online through affiliate program, the referral has to lead to a sale. You will be paid a commission for each successful sale.
For instance, if the person you referred purchases a book worth Ksh. 600. You will be paid about Kenya Shillings 200. It is one of the best and most genuine ways of making money online. However, the only problem with making money online through affiliate program is that it takes time for one to make a purchase.
Best paying affiliate program websites for Kenyans
Below is a list of trusted sites that you can use to generate income online through affiliate program. The first three are local websites and the rest are global sites that accept Kenyans to signup.
- Muthurwa.com: This is Kenya’s largest digital marketplace where people sell items like House Plans, ebooks, notes, and guides. They pay a commission of 5%. You can visit their affiliate page and signup to start making money through referrals. The good thing with muthurwa marketplace is that you can withdraw your earnings any time through mpesa.
- Jumia.co.ke: Coming second after Muthurwa.com is Jumia Kenya. This is the largest ecommerce website in Kenya. Payment is made a month from the date you earned your commissions.
- Kilimall.co.ke: This is similar to Jumia.co.ke.
- Amazon Associates: Allows you to refer customers to purchase products on Amazon.com and earn a commission. If you don’t make three successful referrals within 6 months (180 days), your account will be closed.
- Bluehost.com: If you run a blog that shares hosting-related content then Bluehost affiliate is the best program to join. They pay $60 via PayPal per converted referral.
- Udemy.com: There are many Kenyans who visit Udemy to take courses. You can take advantage of this opportunity to create content that refers users to Udemy.
- Ezoic.com: You can refer users who are looking for blog or website monetization opportunities and get paid a commission for ad revenue generated by your referral.
- Fiverr.com: Pays for every buyer that you refer. All you need is to register, get affiliate banner codes or links and place them on your website or share them on social media
Tip: There are many affiliate marketing opportunities. Before you join any affiliate program check whether the platform has supported payment methods, percentage of commission paid, affiliate link tracking method, payment period, accepted country, etc.
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of 235k+ members that receive latest education news.
Its a good idea and interesting as well.Am interested in it
Dominic kibagendi says
It good business