New approved 2022-2026 Kiswahili and English set books for secondary schools have been released by the ministry of education and KICD for the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE). The list of new Kiswahili Set books and English set books has been provided below.
The release of the new set book for the 2022 exams
The Ministry of education through its director sent a directive to all school principals and heads indicating that the new set books will replace those that were released in 2017. However, some of the set books will still be in use.
The new set books for high schools/secondary schools will run for a period of five years, that is from 2022 to 2026.
List of 2022-2026 Approved new set books for secondary schools
2022/2026 English set books for secondary schools
- Father of Nations by Paul B. Vitta (complusory English Novel for 2023 form threes) replaces Blossoms of the Savannah
- The Samaritan by John Lara (complusory play for 2023 form threes) replaces A Doll’s House by Henry Ibsen
- Artist of the floating World by Kazuo Ishiguro (optional novel for 2022 form threes) repaces The Pearly by John Steinbeck
- A Silent song and other stories by edited Godwin Siundu (optional short stories for 2022 form threes) replaces Memories We Lost
- Parliament of Owls by Adipo Sidang (optional play for 2023 form threes) replaces Inheritance by David Mulwa
NOTE: In the three optional books, students have to choose one.
2022/2026 Kiswahili set books for secondary schools
- Bemmbea by Dr. Timothy Moriasi (Tamthilia for 2022 form threes) replaces Kigogo by Pauline Kea Kyovi
- Mapambazuko ya Machweo na Hadithi Nyingine (Hadithi Fupi for 2022 form threes) replaces Tumbo Lisiloshiba ba Hadithi Nyingine
- Nguu za Jadi by Prof. Clara Momanyi (Riwaya for 2023 form threes) replaces Chozi La Heri by Assumpta K. Matei
NOTE: For 2023 form threes or for 2022 form threes means that only form threes of that year will do the setbook in KCSE exams.
How to verify whether a set book is original
The set books are available in bookshops and textbook centers. Original books have a label at the footnote (bottom cover) indicated “Approved by KICD 2022 Edition.”
Students can also verify the authenticity of the textbook by scratching a security tag on the cover and sending the 16 digit pin number to 22776. You will then receive an SMS notification confirming whether the book is original.
Where to download set book summary notes and guides
All Kiswahili and English secondary school set books are available at muthurwa.com. You can visit the page to download pdf.
UPDATE: There are additional new setbooks for 2022-2026, we will share an article about the same and alert our subscribers.
Do not miss all our 2022-2026 set book reviews, theme analysis, and summaries