Best Kenyan Startups of the Year: There are a number of top ranked startups in Kenya poised to transform the lives of Kenyans.
Our Startup team went looking for the top best start-ups of the many. They came up with Kenyan start-ups listed below. They comprise of the most exciting new businesses.
Types of startups in the list include;
- Small Business Kenya Startups-These comprise of start-ups launched by small rising companies to compete with multinational companies.
- Social Kenya Startups-These are Kenya startups that can be likened to facebook, twitter, Instagram. Startups meant to connect people.
- Tech Kenyan Startups-Atleast all start-ups in Kenya have a tech foundation.
- Education Kenyan Startups-The launch of the laptop project by the Kenya government created an environment for innovators to start working on ideas that would transform the education sector. Education Startups include Kitabu
- Agriculture Startups in Kenya-These are startups meant to transform the lives of farmers and agricultural produce traders. They include Mfarm
- Incubators-These are environments created for innovators. They include; Ihub, NairobiHub, Mlab e.t.c
- Security Startups-These are startups created to help in curbing the rising cases of insecurity in Kenya.
- Messaging Startups in Kenya-These are startups meant to lower the cost of messaging in kenya
- Ecommerce Startups in Kenya-There are limited eCommerce startups in Kenya but one of the most common and first rising is Jumia, Rupu, Kilimall, Laptopkenya.com
- Entertainment startups in Kenya-Entertainment startups were among the most valuable and promising year 2015. However, there seems to be an increase in the number of educational startups.
- Financial Startups-These are startups that are meant to help in raising money in Kenya. They loan providing startups like Mpesa, Branch, Mkopo Rahisi, Saida Loans, Kiva Microfinance, Kopa chappa
The list of types of promising startups in Kenya is long. We will keep updating our 2016 best startups in Kenya as time goes by or as any emerges.