0 votes
in General by

I'm staying in Kenya as a diplomat with my wife. We have bought a car from a leaving diplomat, it was a diplomat-to-diplomat transfer. We are currently having a red licence plate for it, it's on my wife's name. We are thinking about buying another car, but we'd like to buy an older 4x4, like a land cruiser or a defender.

We were told by some people we can only do the same way, diplomat-to-diplomat transfer, but I'm curious if there's any other way? Like can I go into a used car saloon, and just buy an older 4x4, have it registered on my name, then get a red licence plate for it?

Thank you for your answer!

1 Answer

0 votes
by (47.6k points)
You can transfer a vehicle from a Kenyan Citizen to a Diplomat using NTSA TIMS portal. All that is needed is prove that you have an ongoing diplomatic status. In addition, you must proof that you work in a diplomatic capacity by producing valid diplomatic identification documents.

Please make sure that you have all the required documents before buying the car.
Don’t be in a hurry to buy the vehicle before you agree with the seller on the transfer process.

You can visit any NTSA office in Kenya for further clarification.

Related questions

Register, ask, and answer questions to earn more points and privileges. Some features are disabled for users with few points.
Welcome to Kenyayote Q&A, the largest community site in Kenya where you can ask any question and receive answers from Kenyayote staff and other members of the community.

Before you ask, search the website to make sure your question has not been answered.

If you are ready to ask, provide a title about your question and a detailed description of your problem.

Register to join Kenyayote Ask Community.