Pochi la Biashara translated to English as “A business’s Pocket” is a Safaricom service that allows small business owners to receive and make payments from mpesa wallet without revealing the customers’ phone number.
Pochi La Biashara was launched by Safaricom on 27th October 2020 to celebrate its 20th Anniversary since the company was founded. Transaction charges for Pochi La Biashara are the standard Mpesa charges.
Requirements of using Pochi La Biashara
The only requirement of setting up a Pochi La Biashara wallet is a safaricom phone number and mpesa account. You do not need any documents to setup your account.
How to setup Pochi la Biashara Account
To open Pochi la Biashara account follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Dial USSD *334#
- Step 2: Select Pochi la Biashara (8) and Click Send
- Step 3: Select 0 (Join)
- Step 4: Select 1 to Join
- Step 5: Select 1 to accept Terms and Conditions
- Step 6: Select Business Category (transport, food, retail, clothing, etc.)
- Step 7: Add Business Name
After a few seconds, you will receive a message that you have successfully Joined Pochi La biashara service
How to Receive Pochia la Biashara Payment
Customers can pay you via Pochi La Biashara using this procedure:
- Dial *334#
- Select Lipa na Mpesa
- Then select Pochi la biashara (3)
- Customer should enter your Mpesa Payment Phone Number
- Then Amount
- Then Pay
You can withdraw your amount anytime to your bank account or via Mpesa agent.
Pochi La Biashara Uses
Businesses can use Pochi La Biashara for:
- Receiving Payment from Customers
- Separate mpesa business account from your personal account on the same mobile phone number
- Prevent reversal of transactions unless approved by the business
- Sell Airtime and earn a 5% commission from Safaricom
- Hide customer transaction phone number
NOTE: Customers can see your Phone Number’s Mpesa Registration Name once they attempt to make payment.