University employability rankings: Below is a comprehensive ranking of the top 14 Universities in Kenya according to employer graduate preference. Students who graduate from these universities have a good reputation in the job market and stand a better chance of being employed.
The ministry of education Audit report done by commission for university education (CUE) shows that currently most employers in Nairobi, Kenya prefer graduates from private universities.
NOTE: The rankings of the top best universities according to employers graduate job preference in 2017 is based on a report that was published by the ministry of education CS Matiangi on the quality and standards of University education in Kenya. We shared an article about the same earlier.
Top 14 preferred University Graduates in Kenya according by employers: Rankings 2017
- University of Nairobi (UON)-84% graduate preference by employers
- Strathmore University-78% graduate preference by employers
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT) -63% graduate preference by employers
- Daystar University-57% graduate preference by employers
- Moi University-45% graduate preference by employers
- United States International University (USIU)-
- Egerton University-19%
- Kenya Methodist Univerity-17%
- Mount Kenya University (MKU)-13%
- University of Easter Africa
- Baraton University-7%
- Maseno University-6.3 % graduate preference by employers
- African Nazarene University-5%
- Masinde Muliro University-3.8%
NOTE 2: The percentage indicate the preference in ranking by employers.
Do not miss our latest update on the ranking of public and private universities that produce the highest number of graduates yearly.
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. If you have any questions, you can ask it at Kenyayote Q&A forum and we will reply to you.