How to apply for NTSA Provisional Driving License through TIMS portal
To apply for PDL through TIMS use the procedure below:
- Visit: tims.ntsa.go.ke and click register to create your account if you do not have one
- Enter your ID serial number and Click Verify
- Enter your Mother’s Maiden Name (Her Original surname before marriage)
- Enter your kra Pin
- Verify your details and proceed to the last step of registration
- After Registration, login.
- Click Application for PDL
- Select Your School and fill all the information required
- Make Your Payment and that is it.
- You have completed your PDL application
NOTE: Your PDL application remain in pending mode until it is approved
Common TIMs NTSA Errors and Solutions
The Person is Not found. Please check serial number or The Pin and ID Serial number do not match: Most of the time, you get this error if you replaced your ID card and the serial number changed. TIMS system still detects your previous ID serial number. Try using the previous ID serial number or forward your KRA pin and ID number to NTSA so that they may update your details in their systems.
Driving School Missing: Ask your driving school to update their details on the TIMS portal.
Details Missing: If you had previously registered with NTSA Ecitizen portal, your PDL details were migrated to TIMS. If your NTSA Ecitizen PDL details are missing in your TIMs Account then it means they were not correctly migrated. You need to visit NTSA offices so that they can correct error.
You can contact NTSA for PDL application inquiries through any of the following means
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0709 932 300
- Address: Hill Park Building; Upper Hill, Nairobi Kenya
- Facebook: ntsamedia
- Twitter: @ntsa_kenya
NOTE: By the time of publishing this article, NTSA takes a minimum of 21 days to approve provisional driving Licenses. You should contact your Driving school instructor if yours is not approved in at least a month’s time.
For more driving tutorials and tips join our YouTube channel: Kenyayote Driving
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of 235k+ members that receive latest education news.