Coconut beans Recipe and preparing: Coconut beans is a healthy meatless meal most popular among Kenyans in the coastal parts of Kenya. This is because coconuts are most common in those areas. But then with access of coconut, one can prepare this meal in their homes with much ease. Here is how to go about it;
Ingredients of cooking Coconut beans
- A bowl of cooked beans.
- 2 cups of coconut milk(from grated coconut)
- 3 ripe tomatoes grated
- 1 large onion chopped
- A bunch of coriander leaves
- 3 gloves of garlic grated
- 2 Royco cubes
- 1 fresh ginger grated
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoonful of cardamom powder
- Cooking oil
Procedure of preparing coconut beans
- Place a Sufuria or saucepan with onions and cooking oil on medium heat.
- Let the onions turn brown, add garlic and stir for two minutes
- Add tomatoes and continue stirring for another two minutes.
- Pour in the beans and stir carefully before sprinkling salt, Royco cubes and cardamon powder.
- Pour in the coconut milk slowly while stirring. The milk should slightly cover the beans. Cover and let simmer for 15.Remove from heat.
- Add coriander,stir and cover for 3 minutes. Serve while hot!
Note: You can add as many spices as you like. Coconut beans can be served with Ugali, rice and Chapati.
Do not miss all our updates on cooking Coconut beans
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.