Learn about the technology tools that Problogger.com website is built with. That is Backend and Front-end Tech Used.
What is Problogger.com?
Problogger.com is a website that was founded by Darren Rowse in September 2004. It provides tips on how to start a blog, manage and Monetize it.
Without wasting time, lets go to the first point.
NOTE: Problogger.com initially used to use Problogger.net as his root domain.
Which CMS Does Problogger.com use?
Problogger.com runs on WordPress.org CMS. In the about page of the website, Darren Rowse mentions that all his blogs have been built on WordPress content management system.
The benefit of using wordpress.org CMS is that it is SEO friendly and makes your work easier when it comes to code updates.
Which WordPress Theme does Problogger.com use?
According to the look of the site, problogger uses a WordPress theme which is a redesign of Genesis Theme.
How does Problogger.com secure his website?
Problogger root domain uses Intermediate ssl Certificate issued by Cloudflare. You can confirm the same by inspecting the security Lock of the website. Cloudflare is also used to secure the root domain and subdomains of Problogger.com from DDos attacks.
Which Email Marketing Platform does Problogger.com use?
There are a number of email marketing services that problogger uses. some of which include:
- Drip for blog posts email subscription and marketing.
- Aweber for podcast email subscription and marketing
- Other email marketing services that problogger uses include rightmessage.com to personalize email messages, thrive lead and Sumo.
Which Hosting services does Problogger.com use?
If you go to Whois.com and search problogger.com, you will notice that problogger.com is registered at Godaddy.com. It also uses Cloudflare as its CDN to improve website load speed.
Where does problogger.com store his image?
If you open one of Problogger’s post image you will notice that it is served from Jetpack CDN. Using Jetpack cdn formally jetpack Photon to deliver images can improve your website load speed and reduce your website bandwidth.
Which SEO tools does Problogger.com use?
Problogger uses Yoast WordPress Plugin for site SEO. Yoast generates structured data and Meta Tags for Problogger’s articles. He also uses ahrefs for Keyword tracking and SEO site audit.
How does Problogger monetize his website?
There are several ways through which problogger monetizes his website, some of those include:
- Affiliate program: Some of the links on problogger posts are affiliate links. If you click on them, he earns a commission on each conversion.
- Selling Courses: Problogger monetizes his blog through offering courses. He uses Use Learndash WordPress plugin to create courses.
- Selling ebooks. He uses easy digital downloads plugin to sell downloadable digital products.
- Job Board Adverts: People pay to advertise their jobs on problogger.com job board. That is $70 to post a job ad for 15 days. The Job Board is powered by wpjobboard WordPress plugin.
- Podcast: Problogger generates revenue from his podcasts through appearances and sponsored mentions. He uses https://libsyn.com to host and distribute his podcasts.
- Events: Problogger hosts events where he earns through selling tickets and sponsored partnerships
- Display Ads: Problogger also generates revenue through related post ads by Taboola
Other Website Tech tools used by Problogger
- Problogger uses Unsplash.com as his source of post images. Unsplash.com provides copyright free images that you can use in your blogposts.
- He uses Accelerated Mobile Pages powered by the official AMP WordPress plugin for fast mobile page loading
- Problogger also uses Stripe to collect payment from courses and ebooks that he sales.
- And lastly Problogger uses Google analytics for collecting website analytics
That is it for Website Technology Tools that Problogger.com is built with. Let us know if there is any tech tools that Problogger.com use which you were interested to know and is missing.
You can also read on a recommended list of over 100 blogging tools in the Blogging Library page.
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.