The Kenya National Examination Council wishes to bring to your attention the following information as regards the registration of 2017 KCPE and KCSE examinations.
The registration of candidates for the 2017 KCPE and KCSE examinations will start from 17th January 2017 and end on 28th February, 2017.
Instruction of 2017 Candidates Registration
- Any school that has less than 15 candidates should present the candidates to an examination center with more than 15 candidates or to the Sub County private examination center, Plead teachers are asked to note that there will be neither hosting of candidates nor payment of the difference in examination fees to make up for the minimum of 15 candidates.
- Head teachers and Sub County Education Officers are required to log onto the KNEC website: www.knec-portal-ac.ke for capturing of the registration details of the candidates and uploading of the photographs using the registration password for the respective examination center.
- All candidates must be registered where they have been learning. Registration in two centres (double registration) will be treated as an examination malpractice.
Index number for 2017 KCPE and KCSE candidates
- The Ministry of Education is in process of developing a new system or identifying candidates (unique identifier number) which will be given to the candidates upon completion of registration exercise. Meanwhile Headteachers/Principals are expected to register as candidates using index numbers as has been the practice in the previous years
All OTHER 2017 KCPE and KCSE Registration details are available below for download.
Download KCPE Registration Details
- 2017 KCPE Registration form (Download)
- 2017 KCPE Registration instructions (Download)
Download KCSE Registration Details
- 2017 KCSE Registration form (Download)
- 2017 KCSE Registration instructions (Download)
DTE and SNE 2017 Examination Timetables
- DTE 2017 KNEC Exam timetable (download)
- SNE 2017 KNEC Exam timetable (download)
Other exam timetables will be update in another post once we receive them from KNEC.
UPDATE: Download links have been removed since they have expired
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.