Factors that undermine scientific advancement in the less developed countries are;
- Brain drain of the professionals and scientists eg medical doctors
- Lack of enough funds
- Inadequate support for the scientists by the governments
- High level of illiteracy among citizens
- Poor systems of education that do not encourage scientific knowledge
- Some primitive traditions discourage the education of the girl-child
- Over dependency on the technology of the western countries hence they do not struggle to develop their own.