Ways problems facing Nairobi city be solved include;
- Developing new housing projects to upgrade the slums
- Construction dual-carriage ways to ease traffic congestion
- Encouraging the expansion of informal sector to provide alternative employment
- Initiating new water projects to supply water to the residents.
- Setting up organizations to sensitize people on HIV/AIDS
- Setting up more social services such as schools and hospitals to reduce the strain imposed on them
- Government has entered into partnership with the private sector investment in the service sector.
- Rehabilitating street families e.g taking the children to schools where they acquire skills to help them in self employment.