0 votes
in Education by
edited by
I would like to study medicine abroad after form four, but I do not know if they accept KCSE results or if I have to sit for other tests and CAT's. Kindly help me

1 Answer

0 votes
by (47.3k points)

Studying medicine in the US as an international student (Kenyan) involves a lot of steps compared to studying medicine in Kenya. You will not directly join a medical school in the US from Kenya because you excelled in your KCSE exams. Below is a summary of the admission process:

  • You must have a Bachelor’s degree from Canada or US University (with focus in science subjects)
  • Then sit for a Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
  • After passing MCAT test, the next step is applying to join medical school
  • You are required apply to join any US Medical School through American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). Not all Medical Schools in the US accept international students
  • It takes 4 year to complete medical school after admission

Therefore, it is close to impossible for a Kenyan undergraduate to be admitted to any School of Medicine in the US.

The best advice for you is to find a way of enrolling for a Bachelor's Degree in the US to stand a chance of being admitted to school of medicine.

List of Medical Schools in the US: https://apps.aamc.org/msar-ui/#/landing

Related questions

0 votes
0 answers
0 votes
1 answer
0 votes
0 answers
Register, ask, and answer questions to earn more points and privileges. Some features are disabled for users with few points.
Welcome to Kenyayote Q&A, the largest community site in Kenya where you can ask any question and receive answers from Kenyayote staff and other members of the community.

Before you ask, search the website to make sure your question has not been answered.

If you are ready to ask, provide a title about your question and a detailed description of your problem.

Register to join Kenyayote Ask Community.