TSC 2017 careers: Vacancies for principals for national and extra county schools (15 posts)
The successful candidates will be appointed and deployed to fill vacancies in such Institutions In any party of the country. Applications should be made online through the TSC Web –http://www.teachersonline.go.ke/ so as to be received not later than 19th May, 2017.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a lead educator and administrator In the institution.
- Manage and Implement institutional curriculum.
- Administer teaching functions In the Institution including the evaluation of curriculum delivery.
- Be responsible for implementation of education policy and professional practice and maintenance and of the teaching standards at the institutional level
- Procure goods and services within the public procurement guidelines for Institutional use-6. Be the custodian of records of the Institution.
- Be Secretary to the Board of Management (BoM) and ensure execution of the decision of the Board.
- Ensure diligent utilization of Institutional resources.
- Be responsible for the resource mobilizations, project planning, administration and management of human resource.
- Ensure maintenance of high standards of discipline by both staff and students.
- Ensure compliance to the statutory requirements and other relevant laws related to employment
- Be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of a safe and conducive environment for learners.
- Be conversant with the relevant provisions In the Constitution and other laws and regulations that relate to Education, training and Teacher Professionalism.
MINIMUM ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Be a Kenyan Citizen.
- An employee of Teachers Service Commission.
- Must be at Job Group “P” and above and has served continuously as a Principal In a County or Sub County Secondary Schools(s) for a period not less than 10 years.
- Be In possession of a Masters Degree In a relevant area.
- Proven track record of Improvement in school performance and learning outcomes.
- Must satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Be Computer Literate.
N/B: A Course In Management or Leadership will be an added advantage.
Candidates should also attach the following documents to the application:
- Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Clearance Certificate by Higher Education Loans Board.
- Clearance Application from EACC.
- Clearance Certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau.
- KRA Tax Compliance Certificate.
Do not miss our latest teachers news updates and jobs!