The Kenya Universities and colleges central placement service(KUCCPS) On 8th June 2015 released a list of 2015/2016 degree programmes that and not been filled up in each university in Kenya and asked 19,498 students who had not been placed to re-apply for them.
Kenyayote campus team selected 13 universities and analyzed the courses with the highest number of unfilled spaces. 19,498 students who had qualified for government sponsored degree programme had missed to be placed because the degree programme they applied for had been filled up.
One of the degree programmes that had the highest number of unfilled spaces across all universities in Kenya is Barchelor of Arts. It can be said that high school students are not aware whether such degree programmes exist or do hate them
Find below a list of other courses that are not preferred by high school students in each university
- University of Nairobi- Barchelor of Arts- 611 unfilled spaces.
- Kenyatta University-Barchelor of science (community resource management)-85 unfilled spaces
- Moi University-Barchelor of Arts-374 unfilled spaces
- Egerton University-Barchelor of science-150 unfilled spaces
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology-Barachelor of science-177 unfilled spaces
- Maseno University-Barchelor of arts (Sociology and Anthropology, with IT)-100 unfilled spaces
- Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology-Barchelor of education (ARTS)-Unfilled spaces 859
- Technical University of Kenya-Barchelor of science (information studies)-41 unfilled spaces
- Technical University of Mombsasa-Barchelor of science in development studies-77 unfilled spaces
- Dedan Kimathi University of Technology-Barchelor of Science (leather Technology)-42 unfilled spaces
- Pwani University-Barachelor of Arts (Phikosopy, with IT)-100 unfilled spaces.
- Chuka University-Barchelor of arts-80 Unfilled spaces
- University of Eldoret-Barchelor of education (ARTS)-220 unfilled spaces.
It should however be noted that there is no best and worst degree or diploma programme. Life is all about you make out of what you have. No degree course guarantees you success or failure in life.
You can also read: KUCCPS: Second Revision for Degree and Diploma courses for 2014 candidates
You can subscribe to email update below to get all the KUCCPS news delivered to your email