Beef Curry Recipe: Christmas is around the corner and as always, exotic meals take center stage in Kenya. This simple recipe will guide you into preparing a mouthwatering beef curry meal that will trigger your family’s taste buds.
Ingredients of cooking Beef Curry
- 3 spoonful of cooking oil/ghee
- 500g beef steak cubed into chunks
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 gloves of garlic grated
- 1 teaspoonful of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoonful of ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoonful of black pepper
- 2 gloves of ginger grated
- 1 spoonful of cardamon powder
- 1 teaspoonful of canamon
- 150g natural yoghurt
- Salt to taste
- 1/4teaspoonful of chilli powder
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoonful of white vinegar
Procedure of how to cook beef curry
- Place a nonstick frying pan with a lid over medium heat. Add cooking oil or ghee.
- Add the meat steaks and fry until golden brown. Remove the meat pieces from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan add onions and fry for two minutes and gaic and let cook for one more minute then add ginger and stir for another minute.
- Add all other dry spices and mix well. Your house should be smelling heavenly by now.
- You can now add the meat and stir for about 2 minutes then add tomatoes and let cook until the tomatoes soften.
- Turn off the heat and add vinegar and yoghurt and stir.
- Add a pinch of salt and sugar and mix well.
- Turn on the heat and bring the mixture to a boil then summer for 45 minutes or until the meat softens.
- Your beef curry is now ready and can be served with an accompaniment of your choice. Goes well with Ugali, rice and Chapati. Enjoy!
Do not miss all our updates on how cook beef curry