Pilau Cooking Recipe: If you live in East Africa, specifically Kenya, then you must understand what a “perfect pilau “is. Well, pilau is a famous coastal dish that is always served at ceremonies. You can either eat it alone or have it accompanied by another stew or vegetables This meal is majorly a mixture of rice and beef cooked with some specific organic spices.
The following are the steps to creating this delicacy for a serving of four:
- 3/4 kilogram of Pure Pishori rice
- 1/2 kilogram of boiled boneless beef
- 1 medium sized red onion
- 1 garlic onion
- 3 beef Royco cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 medium sized tomatoes
- Tropical Heat Pilau Masala
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 4 glasses of boiled water
- Heat the oil in a cooking pot and add the red onions to cook until brown.
- Add the garlic
- Add Pilau Masala and let it cook until it starts to smoke. At this point add the beef and let it cook for one minute.
- Next add the tomatoes and stir until it forms a thick mixture
- At this point, crush the 3 Royco cubes into the mixture and stir to ensure they are absorbed into the beef.
- Add salt to taste and then add water and let it come to a boil.
- Wash the rice and then add to the mixture and stir.
- Let it cook for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is soft.
This coastal dish can be served with kachumbari and a glass of freshly squeezed or blended orange juice
Do not miss all our latest updates on how to kenyan meals recipes!