President Uhuru Kenyatta has named a list of new cabinet secretaries that will serve in his last regime. The cabinet secretaries listed below were appointed/named today (5th January 2018) in his state of the nation address. They will serve in the respective government ministries.
List of New Cabinet Secretaries named by President Uhuru Kenyatta, 2018
- Henry Rotich – Treasury,
- Najib Balala – Tourism
- James Macharia – Transport & Infrastructure
- Fred Matiang’i – Interior and Acting Education
- Joe Mucheru – ICT
- Charle Keter – Energy
Its is not clear whether other CS like Eugen Wamalwa will be sucked, we will have to wait for the next appointment address.
More information about president Uhuru Kenyatta speech today
- President Kenyatta appoints John Munyes, Okur Yatani and Keriako Tobiko to the Cabinet subject to vetting and approval by Parliament
- Director of Criminal Investigations Ndegwa Muhoro, Deputy Inspector General of police, Joel Mboya Kitili and Deputy Inspector General Administration Police Service forwarded to Public Service Commission for redeployment
- State House Comptroller Lawrence Lenayapa nominated as Kenya’s Ambassador to the Netherlands
- George Kinoti (DCI)
- Edward Njoroge MBugua (Deputy IG Kenya Police)
- Gabow Noor (Deputy IG AP) in acting capacity until processed by Public Service Commission
Do not miss all our latest updates on the cabinet secretaries retained by president uhuru Kenyatta for his last term and other appointed state officials.