An Audit Report published by the Commission for University Education (CUE) on the quality of university education in Kenya indicated that many Universities and students do not check for plagiarism before submitting their papers, CATS or dissertations.
The statement read ” It was observed, from the Audit, that many universities did not have anti-plagiarism policies and systems.In some respect, this has allowed universities to engage in anomalous practices in the preparation of theses and dissertations by their students. Universities have been required to urgently develop anti-plagiarism policies and acquire appropriate systems to ensure high standards of scholarly work. ”
Here are some of the Best Plagiarism checking softwares for Kenyan Universities, Teachers and Students
We have personally used all the softwares listed below to check for copy pasted contents. As an institution, teacher, lecturer or student you will need to pay some monthly or annually subscription fee to use any of the plagiarism detecting software below;
NOTE: Grammarly.com has a free trial and you might be interested to use if you have no subscription money.
- Turnitin: This is the best plagiarism detection software for students and learning institutions. There are over 15,000 learning institutions and 30 million students currently using turnitin. Turnitin was established 1998 for four university students as a peer review application. Official website www.turnitin.com
- iThenticate: This is a sister company of Turnitin. It is normally used by publishers, government organization, and non-profit organization to ensure content originality. Official website www.ithenticate.com
- WriteCheck: It is a company of Turnitin. WriteCheck is meant for students who want to Check their paper’s to ensure they are cited properly, Check paper for spelling, grammar and usage Plagiarism. Official website writecheck.com
- Grammarly: This is perhaps one of the largest grammar and plagiarism checker. The only benefits of using grammarly is that it will help you check on grammar errors in your paper (punctuation, spellings, sentence structure e.t.c). It can also check plagiarism but it is not as good as Turnitin. Official website www.grammarly.com
- Plagscan: In terms of plagiarism checking, plagscan comes second after Turnitin.Official website www.plagscan.com
- Copyscape-It is commonly used by blogger and writers to check content originality. Official website www.copyscape.com
You want to integrate any of the above plagiarism checking software in your learning institution or want to use it and you have no idea on how to go about it? Hit our contact button.
Note that there also free plagiarism checking softwares to use for Kenyan lecturers, students, writers and teachers but they are not that effective.
Do not miss our next update on why all Kenyan university and colleges should integrate plagiarism checking softwares in their learning systems.
You need an unsecured online soft loan istantly via mpesa? VISIT HERE
Looking for the Best Web Hosting Company? Go for: Wordpress Hosting
We secure our website and improve performance by using: Jetpack Professional
Kenyayote gets high Traffic and page rank by help of the intelligent SEO Tool Called: Semrush