Industrial attachment is an essential part of a student’s academic programme. It normally lasts for a period of 3 months. A student is supposed to be attached to a company or organization that offers services that are related to the students course of study.
At the end of attachment the student is required to write a report that is about 20 pages (We have provided a example of how to write one here)
Lets first get to undertake basic industrial attachment terms;
- An Attachee-This terms refers to the student who is on attachment
- Industry supervisor-This the person/employee in industry who has the responsibility of training the attachee
- School supervisor-This is the lecturer professor who will be sent by the university or college to find out the progress the attachee is making.
- Logbook-This is a book where the student records the activities that he/she performs on a daily basis while on attachment. It is divided into days/weeks/month (We can provide a logbook to you at a fee)
Benefits of industrial attachment to students
We had earlier shared a detailed article highlighting on the benefits of industrial attachment to students (The article is available here). In summary, some of the benefits of industrial attachment include;
- Exposing the student to demand and challenges of the work place
- Gaining of practical experience
- Gaining of working eithics’
- Helping the student acquire self relieance skills
- More info available here
Do not miss any of industrial attachment updates! Follow us!